Contemporary business operations cannot be imagined without the use of computers, so that today, knowledge of computer skills is a must in the business world. There is virtually no job that does not require knowledge of at least fundamental computer applications, while the use of more advanced programs certainly gives job candidates competitive advantage on the labour market. One of the fundamental computing packages desirable for employees to use is MS Office, particularly applications Word (text entry and processing) and Excel (compiling spreadsheets, calculating and displaying data).
Having successfully completed the training course and passing the exam, the candidates will be able to use MS Word for:
• producing and editing smaller text documents with tools available within the MS Word text processing program;
• formatting texts according to their intended use;
• inserting tables, images and graphics into documents;
• adjusting page setup and pagination prior to final printout of documents.
Having successfully completed the training course and passing the exam, the candidates will be able to use MS Excel for:
• using spreadsheet documents in their work;
• editing and entering data into spreadsheets and appropriate rows and columns (copying, relocating, deleting and renaming spreadsheets appropriately);
• completing various calculations by entering mathematical and logical formulae;
• selecting, forming and shaping various graphs.
Instruction and length of courses
MS Word and Excel courses are organised over a period of seven weeks (two double lessons per week), and a computer cabinet is available to learners during the tutorial sessions. Instruction is conducted in groups, in cutting-edge computer cabinets. The required literature is provided.
All learners who pass the final exams will be issued with an Open University's certificate of MS Word and Excel skills.
Registration, enrolment and payment
Enrolment is possible throughout the year. Instalment plans are offered for all educational programmes.
Registration and additional information:
Info desk: 8.00 a.m. – 7.00 p.m. weekdays
Trg Cara Jovana Nenada 15, Subotica
Tel:++381 24 55 46 00